Monday, November 17, 2008

Back to the real world.


So, we were fortunate enough to go on a Carnival cruise the first week of November! TJ's family invited us along and we couldn't be more grateful! It was so much fun to see them all again, it's hard for us to visit them as often as we would like, us being in North Carolina and everyone in  Colorado. So we spent as much time with the whole gang as we could. He has a huge family compared to my little one( Mom, Dad, my sister and a few scattered relatives here and there), and everyone kept asking if I could handle being part of the Hermesman family, or if I was going to run and hide. It was no biggie, the more the merrier! I loved being right in the middle of all the chaos. :] 
So we started in Miami FL and left from there to spend a day at sea, traveling down to Costa Rica, up to the Bahamas and back to Miami. We had left our house at 2 AM to get to the airport to get to the cruise ship around 12. Then once on the ship we ate and met up with his family and just relaxed and then I fell asleep around 8 that night and didn't wake up once during the night!  The day at sea was the most uncomfortable for me. I've never had motion sickness before, but being pregnant, who knows how things will effect you! The boat was moving right in between being fast enough to not rock and being slow enough to not rock. SO the whole first day was pretty rocky, you just felt everything swaying. So I woke up feeling kind of sick and we went to get breakfast and then some motion sickness pills. I didn't actually get sick until trying to take the pill! I guess trying to swallow it is what did me in. So then I had a haircut appointment! haha, I up to the spa probably looking fairly pale! All the girls had hair appointments the first day so we were all in and out of the salon. It was nice to get pampered! That night was "Elegant Night" and everyone on the boat got dressed up in their best. TJ and I ended up matching, but not the cheesy prom way. It's always fun to get fancy and see how good everyone else looks too! So the next days were spent on different islands. First at Costa Rica, which was gorgeous! I've never seen ocean like that!  We spent the day swimming at the beach and getting sunburnt! The next day was at Half Moon Cay which is part of the Bahamas but an island owned by Carnival. So we spent the whole day in the water there too. I loved it, I've missed the beach weather here so it was awesome to get out in the water again.  The last day was spent at Nassau, the Bahama capital. We spent the day walking around the streets popping in and out of stores. By the end of everyday I was ready for a nap! But there was so much to do, I didn't want to miss anything. 
We really enjoyed being able to get away and relax. We planned to do nothing, we did nothing but relax  and it was great.

Lighthouse at Nassau
Heres a little lighthouse at Nassau. I just thought it was too cute to not take a picture.


Ship, Ashlee, Anastasia
The Cruise Ship Destiny...and a candid shot of Ashlee and Anastasia, two of TJ's sisters.

20 weeks pregnant
This is the 20 week belly. Just big enough to barely barely  fit into my clothes.

Beth and Anastasia
TJ's youngest sister, Anastasia, 8 and I on Elegant Night. They had a show after dinner which is what we're waiting for. Although TJ and I didn't get to see it all because someones Shirley Temple spilled on us :] I was informed that you aren't really a Hermesman until something has been spilled on you! haha!

Cruise Elegant Night
See what I said about matching? I love that suit, he just so handsome :] And lets face it, we both clean up GOOD!


****I'm still learning this whole blog thing so be patient, I'm going to tackle pictures this afternoon.
**I finally figured out the pictures! :]

4 comments:

Monique said...

Hooray! You are in the blogging world now! So glad to see it. I'm also so jealous that you got to go on a cruise. I have never been. One of these days. . . Can't wait to see more pictures! Take care! Are you finding out what you are having?

Monique said...

psst! I tagged you! Since you are a tag virgin and all, I thought I'd give you the chance to figure this one out early. Go to my blog and copy and paste my last entry in a new post on your blog and fill in the answers! Good luck missy!

The Critchlow Family said...

Yay! I'm so glad that you have a blog now! I think it is so much fun to keep in touch with friends this way! Sounds like you had a ton of fun on the cruise! Mark and I are HUGE fans of cruises! Marks parents took the whole family on a cruise 2 christmas's ago and we had such a great time! You are such a cute pregnant girl! I was waiting for a pregnant belly picture!! I love pregnant belly's! You look cute too because you are ALL belly! So fun! Your baby is gonna be adorable!! I like your hair short. It makes you look like a mommy already! Your too cute Beth. It looks like you are getting the hang of this whole blogging thing pretty quickly! I like your background...too cute!

ps...thanksgiving just won't be the same without you!!

Harmony said...

..and my brain just melted on how FANTASTIC you look pregnant. Holy crap woman, how are you doing it? I was all butt at this point (must be all that Subway you're craving!)

I'm so excited your a blogger--soon to be a mommy-blogger. I think it needs to be against the law for YW to grow up--stay 15, okay? :-)