Saturday, September 26, 2009

Bullets and Pictures

Pictures first.










And no, this post isn't about guns, although kinda, since I shot my first one while TJ was home. And it just proves that sometimes I'm an idiot... more on that later in the post. I just figured I'd take the time to put up pictures here from TJ's R&R and add some commentary while Kemper is happily digging thru the diaper bag and using my motrin bottle as a rattle (thats safe right? I mean, the child protective lid is on...)

  • First off, the Hubster's R&R was at the very beginning of September (can you believe its October, sheesh). Everyone had bets on when the next baby will be due, but I made sure to take care of things so that Kemper won't have another sibling until about 3 years from now.... but the practice was fun.
  • The break went by all too fast. We did a lot of shopping and visiting friends. And a lot of eating. And really, that was pretty much it. We did a trip up to Utah to visit everyone friends and family there. TJ's sister is at the U and my sister is at the Y.
  • Having TJ home was amazing. He is such a good daddy, and an amazing husband. This visit just reiterated for me how much we get each other. He is truly my best friend, and I love that we can be goofy and romantic. We can fight and make up and it really is water under the bridge. Thank heaven for healthy relationships!
  • And okay, the gun story: TJ is a gun nut. Well, maybe not a nut, but he grew up with them, it was a normal thing for him. I grew up hearing about people being killed with guns all the time so they've always been kind of an issue with us. But I told TJ I'd like to learn how to use them if they're going to be around. So he tried to teach me... first of all, if I get nervous at all, for any reason, I get really giggly and have a hard time paying attention and just try to be goofy. I don't know why, I just do. So TJ is trying to get me to pay attention (It'd be a good thing to do around a gun don't ya think?) I was just a little freaked out. Anyways, I get the damn thing in my hands, I'm practicing with the safety, I'm holding it right, aiming it... blah blah blah. Then, I shoot it. And for some reason (because like I said, I am an idiot sometimes, a big idiot. IDIOT.) I didn't realize how loud it would be, and I dropped it. Yes... I dropped a gun, right after I shot it. I know... stupid. I know. But nothing happened. Luckily it didn't go off. Needless to say we had a little discussion about that, but its over now... we can move on. And this will most likely be the hobby we don't share.



3 comments:

Kayde said...

Beth you have a blog that is soo cute go on my facebook and my link is on there!!

Harmony said...

I loooooove all the pictures! Never saw that one coming, right?

I have a funny gun story too. Blake took me shooting for the first time when we were dating (redneck romance for you!) and I wore a low-neck shirt (yeah, what? I'm slutty!) and the casing (or whatever it's called) when right down my shirt.

He might have gotten to see a little too much for a Mormon boy!

I'm so glad the R&R when so well!

Harmony said...

"When" is supposed to be "went". I hate when I spell stuff wrong!