Monday, June 28, 2010

You're the reason in my life, you're the inspiration

Yeah, I went there, cheesy lyrics I KNOW. But they're stuck in my head. And they're true.
So yesterday was our (husband and I) anniversary. Two year anniversary. And tomorrow is his birthday. So this is some sort of dedicatory post to us/him. Warning: I ramble, so this could get long.

When we met neither of us were looking to "meet" someone. I was pretty uninterested in dating due to my lack of good dates or boyfriends. And was more interested in hanging out with my friends and partying. TJ had a serious girlfriend. Serious enough that he had bought a ring for her, like a diamond ring.
But of course when we met there were sparks, can't deny it chemistry. I had met him once before but the time wasn't right at all. And a few weeks passed after that friendly dinner and TJ asked me to go out on a friend date. It wasn't really a date per say (remember, the girlfriend?) but we can't pretend that that wasn't when we knew we liked each other for sure.
TJ asked if I would accompany him to the cherry blossom festival, he had to write a story for DINFOS and didn't want to go alone. And I really didn't have anything going on during the day so I agreed.
And for the first time in probably years, I was actually nervous. I knew I liked him, but I wasn't going to pursue anything, also being the other woman isn't really my style. But apparently it was because I went anyway... So, moving on.
The date was great, I was nervous that we wouldn't have anything in common, since everyone told us we had nothing in common. And even though we have very different interests, there was enough that we have in common to get us thru the date with out it being awkward, except for a really awkward moment where I decided it was a good idea to play "Business Time"*. Yes... I did. But we connected and no wonder it was our last first date, because I thought it was basically perfect. Other than the girlfriend and the ring thing...
That night was the last time I decided to go out to a bar with friends, and that Sunday was the first time I went to church on my own for almost two years.
TJ and I had made plans to just hang out that day at my house, bake cookies watch a movie. I know, we're totally wholesome. Well that night I walked him out to his car, because I' a gentlelady, and we had our first kiss. Which was perfect... oh except he had a girlfriend.
Don't worry, I'm not a complete home wrecker, I felt guilty. So the next day we talked about it and I told him, that we could be friends, but I wouldn't date him unless I was the only one. And well... we all know who won that one. And a few weeks later he sold back the ring and got a Macbook which I am typing on right now... And yes, I'm laughing about it.


So, there's my story about being a home wrecker, and I probably enjoy calling myself that more than I should. But I'm so glad that I did, I've never regretted it. TJ is one of the best things to happen to me (the other being Kemper of course). I couldn't ask for a more loving, caring and supportive husband. And I can't wait to be with him again and finally never have to say goodbye. Which happens tomorrow. We'll be together tomorrow.




* by flight of the conchords. They're a new zealand comedy act, and while there are no bad words, it is a little suggestive, but I promise it's nothing bad, you just might not want kids repeating it.

3 comments:

Anne Katherine said...

I just want to comment to say that Beth knew like a week after they were together that she wanted to marry TJ and I couldn't have been happier about it I'd honestly never seen her so happy or with a guy that treated her so well. Love you guys happy aniversary hope you never have to be separated again

Christal said...

AND he'd have to have a home with "that other girl" for you to be a homewrecker! She was vile :P. AND you and I are much better friends than she and I would ever be. The best woman won! :) Happy Anniversary! It'll be so fun to have another couple we can hang out with - though I can't say I'm not going to miss having you all to myself this last year!

Monique said...

I love Tiffany!! And HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!