Thursday, April 23, 2009

3 weeks and other tidbits.

3 weeks

Kemper is 3 weeks old today! We had his 2 week check up yesterday (a little late, but we had to wait for tricare to transfer). He now weighs 9 pounds and 4 ounces and is 20 1/4 inches long. Obviously we've got this eating thing down! I'm going to start pumping and introduce the bottle next week. He started as a really easy going baby and now he's starting to get fussy. Some nights he can only sleep if I'm holding him and cries bloody murder if I put him down. And occasionally I just have to let him cry it out and go to sleep. I hate to but I've got to keep (whats left of) my sanity.

mommy and me

Other stuff:
  • Ikea furniture is awesome for poor newlyweds, but it is not made for moving. Nothing is too badly damaged but its fairly dinged up.
  • Kemper and I are currently living in the manager suite of one of the hotels that TJ's family owns. Its great to have a free place, we're saving so much money. Which is a big difference from living paycheck to paycheck. Now I just have to buckle down and start cleaning the place...
  • Times when Kemper is on a non-stop crying tirade or when he won't let me put him in the carrier to do laundry or I need to lift heavy things or put our furniture together is when I really miss TJ. Just kidding, I miss him all the time. Right now I really can't stand the Marines.
  • I've cried everyday for the past 3 weeks, thank goodness for hormones!
  • I barely squeezed into pre-baby jeans this week. Hate me if you want but I have to brag. They're still pretty tight but it makes me happy that I'll most likely be able to wear my old clothes again (which I have 5 boxes of)
And I'm being summoned by mr. grumpy pants....

6 comments:

Monique said...

Hooray for the jeans! That is the best feeling...

Harmony said...

You are amazing! Seriously, many MANY women could not do what you're doing now (including fitting into your pants--what's that about?) ;-)

I'm sure every other mom reading this is nodding along with you. Sometimes you do just have to let them fuss and get it out. And it's okay to cry--this is hard stuff you're doing!

Kemper is so cute too! You guys are so cute together!

Don't worry about IKEA furniture either! That way when Kemper is 3 and draws all over them--whoops! Time for the new AWESOME stuff!

Good luck!!!

The Critchlow Family said...

Love the picture of you and Kemper...way too cute! And you are a lucky woman fitting into those pre-pregnancy jeans! That stinks Kemper is getting a little fussy now. That baby cry gets old very fast. And I couldn't imagine not having a husband around to take over for a little while. You are a trooper! I couldn't do it. You're amazing!

Martie said...

Beth,

Kemper is sooo beautiful! Congratulations!

What hard stuff it is to have a baby who cries and cries and to not have a husband there to help. You're doing a great job!

Does Kemper spit up a lot? I know one of my babies had terrible reflux and he would be in such pain.

You're amazing!

Warren Piece said...

Congrats on the Jeans...I went and hung out with your hubby for a couple hours while he waited for his bus...he's in high spirits. Mandy and I will be praying for him and I know you are in the 'Rado but if you need anything let us know...we love you guys!

Marianne said...

Keep your chin up! Pretty soon it will be all over, and TJ will be home, and you will think to yourself, "Wow! I did it! I did it all by myself! I'm AWESOME!"

I don't do well with screaming babies either. But sometimes you have to just deal with it. Can you say iPod? Those things turn up pretty loud, ya know. As long as he's safe and his needs are taken care of, crying won't hurt him for 10 minutes of escape with your favorite song.