Monday, May 4, 2009

One month and counting

1 month

Well, Kemper boy is one month old. I can't believe he's been here for one month! It really has gone by so fast! We've seen a couple babies born around the same time as him and Kemper looks huge compared to them! Both babies I saw were still very smushed and newborn-looking, and tiny. Kemper never was smushed and he probably outweighs the other kiddos by a pound.

Heres some photos I snapped of him playing for the first time:

whats that?

play 1

play 2

play 3


In other news.....
I feel like a celebrity at church. Everyone knows who I am, knows our whole story, all because of our "situation" is how they put it. I just think its funny that they call it that, because its not normal to them. And thats when I realized this is the first time in my life that I'm not living around the military, or people who even get the military life! I must admit I miss the "instant" friends you get when being around military folk. I never understood what that meant, until I moved away from it.
And on that note, I met a lady at church who used to be in the Ft. Meade ward 2000-2006. What a small world, she didn't really remember me but she remembered my mom (shes hard to forget) and some other sisters. Her name is Pamela Rodregiez(well that was her married name when she was at Ft. Meade). I just thought it was crazy to run into someone in Durango from Ft. Meade.... we're everywhere!

6 comments:

Anne Katherine said...

kemper is so cute!!!! I think you're so amazing! I can't waiy to come see you guys again

Des said...

He is getting big! You sound pretty good. Well, probably as good as you can for your "situation":) I hope you make lots of friends there and plan something fun to go and do at least every month and then the time with HOPEFULLY move along for you. Thinking of you!!

The Critchlow Family said...

I can't believe it has been an entire month since you had that little munchkin. Wow. I love it when you update because I love seeing that cute little monkey. He's adorable!! You finally got one of those play mats. Does he love it?! It looks like it is keeping him entertained!!

The Galan Family said...

What a little cutie. Kemper is adorable! Hope you are doing well and adjusting to the new mommy thing and having your hubby gone. I know it is not easy. I totally remember Pam. Tell her hi for me. I still have a bunch of furniture I bought from her yard sale she had before she moved. That is so funny that she is in your ward. What a small world. Love your updates.

Marianne said...

Beth,

Your baby is so cute!! I am glad to hear that you are adusting well. It's funny that Pam is in your ward. Tell her hi for me too. Take care!

Monique said...

I love Pam!!! She is in Durango? Tell her hi for me too. She is a doll and one amazing lady. I learned a lot from her. I even worked with Meshawn (her daughter) for a while.

Love that baby! Keep up the posting!