Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wife Swap

Have you seen the show? Or Trading Spouses (they're basically the same... different networks)? Basically two families that are completely different (we're talking usually total opposites) switch wives for a week and live the other family's life. On Wife Swap the new mom gets to make a "rule change" that the family has to follow. on Trading Spouses they get to delegate how the family spends $50,000. Anyways... I don't usually get into reality shows but these shows are definitely my guilty pleasure (although admitting it on the internet doesn't make it so guilty I guess...)

So as I was watching it today I was just thinking what it would be like if I were on the show. I'd like to believe that I would be courteous and try to be open minded to the other family and their lifestyle. And that made me think, what kind of family would we be swapped with? I think that we are generally open-minded people who don't focus on any one thing too much (for example: some families are obsessed with competition ).
We would probably get swapped with an atheist family who hates the military and are vegans who sit around and play video games all day and never go outside.

SOOOO... What kind of family do you think you would get swapped with? Would you be able to deal with the different lifestyle?


In the end, the families are usually changed for the better. They realize things they need to change, and change it. Or they realize how much they love their life and appreciate it more!

Okay, its 8:30 pm ... time for bed!

No comments: