Thursday, August 27, 2009

nursery

Reading everyones post about your kids turning four or five makes me miss nursery* so much! Our ward here has maybe two kids in nursery... maybe four. When I taught nursery, I could have 20 on a Sunday and that would be normal. And I loved it! I loved all the kids so much. And when I lost focus of what was important and decided not to go to church anymore, the hardest part was leaving the kids. And I generally don't regret things, but I do regret that choice. Because of the kiddos.

* for those of you not of the LDS faith, 'nursery' is where the 18 month old kiddos go during sunday school. There's a manual with lessons in it and everything. Typically my lessons were telling the kids something like Jesus loves you! while passing out goldfish :]

5 comments:

Ariella said...

We loved having you in nursery. All those boys had such a crush on you. Well, duh. Bryson loved going to nursery every week.

Des said...

You are still the favorite nursery teacher in our book! Time is getting close for mini reunion right? I am so EXCITED for you!! If you have my luck you will end the experience with a nice pink + after peeing on the stick.

Harmony said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! Des cracks me up!

Hope you enjoy your mini-reunion

PS My kids never had for your nursery (and from the comments, they're totally missing out) Colin would have had SUCH a crush on you!

PPS Goldfish will forever remind me of church. That and Cheerios--ground into the carpet of course!

Monique said...

Maleia LOOOOVED you (and nursery) and let's face it, so did all the parents who's kids were in there. Every day I would ask, "What did you learn in Nursery today?" And Maleia would say, "Jesus loves me" or "I am a Child of God." That's every parent's dream that every child comes home thinking that after going to church.

Clarkmomma said...

and from the flip side, I enjoyed working with you in nursery. I generally dreaded being called into nursery but when we were working together it wasn't quite as bad and, dare I say, I actually enjoyed it that time.