Friday, November 13, 2009

Christmas in the desert.

I just wanted to get the word out that I am collecting cards, letters, thank you notes, cookies, books etc. to send to Afghanistan.
My husband has been collecting names of marines and solidiers who don't get regular mail, but I want to send a ton of stuff. The morale out there, is the lowest it has been since the start eight years ago. And I know that this year, it has also been the most violent.
I want our military to know that we still care and pray for them. So.... if you would like to send out something, I can either give you the address... (it'll just go to my husband who will then take care of it) or you can send it to me and I'll send it out. OR I can give you the address for you to mail it yourself. A letter or card can just be sent out in regular mail. This is pretty simple and I'm hoping to get everything together by the first week of December.

I know a lot of people get in the giving mood around the holidays, and this is something simple and not too elaborate. If you'd like more ideas, check out Brandi's blog.


Please, leave me a comment if you'd like to participate, or email me here: beth.hermesman@gmail.com so that I can get you the address you need :]


P.S. You do not need a blogger account to comment, so please participate. I want to flood them with gifts.

THANK YOU!


2 comments:

Monique said...

You know, I try to do something as a family every year and this sounds GREAT! Can you send me an address and we can send some Hungarian "treats" (if that is allowed) to them if that is possible. I am thinking that we can send things cheaper (if not free) from the embassy to another military post overseas.. I am not sure, but I will find out.

Can you please let me know the rules and regulations of what you can and cannot send. And what they might LIKE to get.

I have some ideas already, but we'll see what your list says.

Thanks!

Anne Katherine said...

hey beth-er-boo let me know the address and Ill try and get a ton of cards sent to both places...my roommate is an FHE mom and Im smelling an awesome FHE activity here :) oh just to let you know I did that christmas box thing again this year-have to make sure we support our troops