Friday, January 29, 2010

Sometimes I start a sentence...

...and I don't know where its going. I just hope I find it along the way.*


Thats how I feel about my writing, my brain is too ADD to write a good post. But I like blogging. I like getting comments, I like sharing pictures, I like reading other blogs. I think its cool that my friends worldwide can keep up with Kemper and his going ons (hi friends!) I just never know what to write.
My days are mostly consist of feeding, changing, entertaining, soothing and whatever else Kemper wants. And watching way too much TV and throw in some cleaning. So I just feel like a lot of people out there probably do the same thing and don't really want to read about me doing it too.
But I do think of myself as a creative person, and I'm trying to get back to that. I used to paint all the time, so I'm trying to do at least one painting a week. I used to scrapbook, I used to make papercrafts of all kinds. I can pretty much make anything, but I don't anymore. I seem to have hit a creative block, so my question is... if and when you hit a creative block/stump... how do you get yourself out of it? What inspires you?
Also, if you read this blog, leave me a comment, say hi and tell me something you'd like me to write about. Or not, just thought it might be better than my ramblings.


* thats a quote, if you can tell me who said it and from where, I'll send you something. Totally serious.

7 comments:

Harmony said...

DON'T send me anything, but that quote is totally from the Office. "It's like an improversation." You KNOW I'd know the Office quotes!!!

I love reading your blog. I really wish blogging had been in when my kids were smaller. If nothing else, you are going to LOVE being able to look back and read about what you guys did at this age. Your GRANDCHILDREN can read about their dad's baby days (yeah, that kind of freaks me out!)

Keep blogging! I love it!

(P.S. and if anyone finds the answer to a creative rut, I'd like to hear it too!)

Monique said...

I love your blog and the cute pictures too. I think you ARE creative and very articulate.

Also, I just have to MAKE time for my creativity. Seriously. Schedule it in. And find some scrapbook magazines to look at. They inspire me! Also, other people's blogs inspire me. Harmony's rocks.

Good luck and please post pics of your paintings!! I have seen some of your interior design posters and you rock! I'd hire you!

Love you!

Brandi said...

Here I am, saying hi!

I'm in a total rut myself. I feel pressure to post something most days, but I feel like I'm out of things to say.

One thing, though, that helps me come up with stuff once in awhile is to just write as though no one reading it knows anything about me. If I start thinking, "Oh, everyone already knows that abut me" or "everyone has already heard that story," I'd never write anything.

Anne Katherine said...

Hey I totally read your blog and I think its awesome--no bias here.

you should put pictures up of your paintings.

So being creative in the one way that you dont tend to flow--being in a rut is hard but I sit down and I make myself write throw down whatever I'm feeling. even if you hate what first comes out it helps get you flowing

oh yeah being bored is not a good place for creative outlet its the absence of feeling and creating is about feeling..so feel something first get inspired.

Jilly Bean said...

Hello lovely!

When I get home from school and work and I feel my most lame and uninspired and unoriginal I crank up my music and dance it out until I feel like me again. (I feel sorry for my neighbors, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do sometimes, right??)

Sidenote...some of my faves are the playlists that we made together, and when I figure out how to burn a CD which will hopefully be sooner rather than later I'll send them to you!!!

Also, I love your blog, and you inspire me so don't stop, or do if you want but ya know call me and talk it out you dark and twisty lass.

love love!

Kayde said...

I read your blog Beth and my mom started a club for card making with 3 of her friends that live across the country so once a month they make cards 5 a piece for the upcoming holiday and 2 random ones of that 5 so that every month they force themselves to be creative and get good ideas for cards. hope that helps Kemper is getting so big!

Beth said...

Thanks for all the ideas so far. Just typing that blog made me want to keep blogging. I ahd more to say in this comment, but the little monster is calling!