Saturday, June 6, 2009

And so it begins...

2 months
Kemper turned 2 months on Tuesday June 2nd we had his two month check up then too. He weighs 11 lbs 11 oz and is 23.5 inches long, and he had 3 vaccines. Poor little guy has been fussy all week. But he's smiling all the time now and is "talking" a lot too. He also 'eats' his hands every chance he gets and has discovered his tongue, so thats out all the time now too.I love picking him up from his crib in the morning, he always has a big grin and a lot to say :]

Then today, we had our first accident. He pushed him self off of my bed and landed head/face first on the floor. It was the scariest thing to happen so far! He cried so hard and looked so scared when I picked him up. And of course, I lost it! So we made a trip to the ER, driving way faster than anyone should with a baby in the car. The nurse guys loved him and once we were there and Kemp had time to settle down a little he was smiling at everyone and seemed to be doing just fine. So now we're home he's napping and has been laughing and smiling. So now I just have to watch out for exorcism puke...
Overall I think everyone is okay, little man just has a nice goose egg on his forehead and mommy bought some boots online to calm down :]

bump 3

bump 2

bump 1

And I just know this is the first of many, many ER visits... Thank Heaven for little boys!

6 comments:

trudy said...

That's my boy!!! You are the best mommy ever and you kept it together at a rough time.

Christal said...

But it looks like he took it like a tough guy. I'm sure he'll be as tough as anyone by the time he's grown with the crowd he was born into! Good job on being a mommy!

Monique said...

Is he really scooting already???!!! Poor thing ... and poor Kemper too. These things happen. Remind me to tell you how I fell on my own child while running up stairs. :) The list goes on.

The Critchlow Family said...

You've got that right...one of MANY trips to the ER! Sure looks like he really hit that ground hard poor little guy! I have to add that he is so dang cute, absolutely ADORABLE!

Harmony said...

I'm seconding everyone else--he's super cute, even with a goose egg.

Good job holding it together--Colin scooted off the bed at this age and I was a wreck! I might have also tripped over him several times at this age--so bad! You're doing a great job!

Beth said...

Thank you all! I love you ladies :] Everyone has been sharing "horror stories" with me to make me feel better haha. I know its just going to get better.... TJ was in the ER most of his childhood!
And I have to add myself, he is pretty dang cute :]