Monday, April 12, 2010

cooking space

Since this deployment is coming to an end (we're down to days/hours people!) I've had new house on the brain. So, here's pictures of what I'd like our kitchen to look like. But really, I want this to be the feel for the whole house. I LOVE all white walls and neutral furniture for a base, and then everything else to be bright fun colors. I think it really opens the space up, and looks friendly, welcoming, and also child-like which is what I'm going for:










Theres more, but this post is already so long, I don't want to bore you by the time you look thru them all. THANKS! for looking thru everything and of course I love feedback!
I should start a different blog for all this design crap, eh?

I get my inspiration pics from here here and here, mostly.

6 comments:

Harmony said...

Loooooove these.

(I think I sound like a broken record on here--it just confirms to me that you need to decorate my house)

That pantry with all those jars? It's like my dream come true--everything moved into matching containers? Um, yes please!

You SHOULD do either more design posts or start another blog for it. I looooooove them <--- see? there's that broken record again.

Beth said...

Thanks Harmony! Seriously, it makes me feel like I'm not the only one OBSESSING over every picture I find. I would love to come up and do your new house! I want to start like a design by mail type business... maybe you can be my first customer.

Oh and that pantry!? makes me drool, I wish I could get my act together to actually have matching containers!

Ashley Eliza said...

I noticed you commented on BBL's blog for the photo giveaway, even though you didn't win since you commented I will give you a discount :) If you're interested email me ashley.shippen@gmail.com

xoxo

Des said...

Beth, those rooms are awesome. My favorite is all the colorful plates on the wall. Days? Hours? Oh my gosh you have to be so anxious and excited. I think I remember feeling like I had a lot of stuff I wanted to get done before he got home at this point. But then again that was probably my brain trying to cope with all the excitment and yet trying to not let myself watch the clock every second of every day which of coarse makes it drag! Looking SO forward to your reunion post since I don't know when it is (I know why) I will just keep stocking your blog. I am so so so happy for you and kemper!!!!

Monique said...

Very retro!! I am so glad that your hubby is coming home!!! I bet you both are on cloud 9. Enjoy it!

Ariella said...

I LOVE the pantry with jars, too! How do you find all these awesome pics? Please keep posting design pics. I love them! See, I can be a broken record, too. ;)

I love the clean colors and bright accents. Come do my Tucson house...it's closer, right?