Friday, April 2, 2010

Happy Birthday


Happy Birthday to my little man!
Even though this year has been crazy, and not what we wanted for our first year as parents, I don't know what I would've done with out you! It is so amazing watching you grow, and you make me so nervous! I can't believe that I am your mom, in charge of teaching you and taking care of you. Your personality has always been there from day one, but its really starting to shine through now. You make me laugh with how goofy you are, and I love to hear your laugh. Although I'm not a big fan of hair pulling or when you go on food strike, I'll forgive you because you're so cute. My favorite things to do with you, are dance, because you are so good at shakin that booty. And eat of course! I love to watch you cook, and how curious you are about real cooking. And playing outside. Now that its been warmer, you've been able to explore the world outside of our house. And its your favorite thing to do! Especially since we live on a big road, and you can see all the cars and big trucks that drive by.
Pretty soon that picture that is "dada" will be home, and not just a picture anymore. And I can not wait for you to get to know your daddy. He is an amazing man, and knows a lot of stuff that he wants to teach you. This next year, I hope for you two to become best friends.
I love you Kemper bear, and I am so excited for this next year of your life. I am truly blessed to be your mamma.

4 comments:

Jilly Bean said...

What beautiful beautiful words my dear!

Brandi said...

So, now that I'm all teary...

Happy birthday little K!

Monique said...

He is not allowed to be that old already!! And of course, he is one of those boys that are truly blessed to have two amazing parents!!!

Des said...

Awe, what a sweet tribute to your baby who's not looking so much like a baby anymore! It made me so sad to read about what he has missed with his daddy but they will catch up quick, you will be amazed. They know who they belong to even if the don't really "know" them. So very excited for you. Go plan a spa retreat for yourself right before he gets home. You have earned it! Plus it will make you look and feel better for the much anticipated reunion....I love reunions!!