Monday, December 6, 2010

hair cut



Before:




After:

So Kemper had his first hair cut ever last Thursday. And there's no one in town that would cut his hair, so TJ did it. And I'm sure most of you out there are singing praises that we finally cut his hair so you're welcome.

He did really well, we decided to use clippers and just take it all off instead of trying to trim it. So I pinned his arms down while TJ took to his head. He did pretty good for the most part, there was minimal screaming, but then he started to try and climb up me, so I ended up holding him. Which was a stupid idea. First, yes we have the hair factor. So I was covered in hair. And he was crying, so we can add tears and snot to the mixture. And I guess his diaper failed him too so now I'm covered in pee. A lot of pee. It was dripping and puddling on my arm. I can't tell you how awesome it was.... at least when people call him a little girl, I can really tell them they're crazy.

In other Kemper news: When TJ picked up him from nursery (his class during church with 18 mo. olds to 3 years olds), he looked thru the window to the classroom. The kids were sitting in front of the teacher singing some song with hand movements, but TJ didn't see Kemp. So he looked around the room and there he was in the corner running around in a circle with the toy vacuum cleaner, screaming. At least he was helping to clean.

3 comments:

Mia Hansen said...

We have a kid in our nursery like that! So cute! Love his new hair, he looks so handsome!!

Linds said...

He's so cute! For sure looks like a boy now (but I don't think he really looked like a girl before- strange people). The first hair cut is nearly always the worst/ hardest one to give. I hope next time it won't be so bad. My free tip of the day... when I cut my kids' hair, I put on some TV show they really like and let them watch it while I cut their hair. I even sometimes strap them onto a chair with a belt. Mean, yes. Smart, yes. Anyhow, I just wanted to tell you Kemper is SO cute!

Clarkmomma said...

Nice haircut-I'm sorry it was such a fight to get it done. I also have some advice to try for next time. Give him something to play with to distract him while you cut. With Josiah, he loved his toothbrush so I stood him on a stool up to the sink and let him play with it all he wanted while I cut. Yes, there was hair all over it when we finished but that's much easier to clean up than the mess you described. For Caleb, he loves the spray bottle. It's not something he usually gets to play with but filling it up with good water and letting him drink it or spray it all over is much easier than fighting him. I hope your future haircuts go more smoothly and turn out just as nice.