Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree

And the picture won't rotate, making me believe even more, that it's evil.


Our Christmas tree is not something very special this year. It's special in that its decorated and presents are starting to add up under it. But I'm convinced its evil. It is an evil tree sent to us by some one like Jack the Pumpkin King. First its crooked. The bottom part of the trunk is straight and then somewhere father up it takes a turn left. So just putting it up was frustrating. And its some type of Scottish Fir, which now means to me that it's a death tree. When trying to decorate it the needles were so sharp, it was like being attacked by a tree with real sewing needles on it. We thought that would go away, that it was just freshly cut and would soften up. Nope. It still sucks if we have to hang an ornament back on it.
And the other night while unplugging the lights before going to bed, it fell on me. But really I think it jumped and attacked me. And then I yelped for TJ and when we finally got the thing re-situated, my arms looked like I had been bitten by a thousand fleas from the sharp little needles.

And now its decided to die on us so the needles are everywhere, and my son feeds them to the dog which can't be good at all. Also, Kemp thought it was a good idea to take a bite of a glass ornament.... don't worry, he's fine and was relatively unscratched. But really??

Hope everyone's holidays are going well. I'm enjoying a winter wonderland, but I think I got excited for Christmas too soon and now I'm a little bah humbug. It happens every year. But the fresh snow helps. What do you do to enjoy the season?

5 comments:

Christal M. said...

Your tree IS sharp! I'm sorry it attacked you, I probably would've cried. Let's have a Christmas Tree bonfire after Christmas and sacrifice it!

Clarkmomma said...

This is why I decided many years ago to get a fake tree. This year all the pre-lit lights burned out and it drove me nuts so I wrapped another strand around it and called it good but still contemplated getting a real tree for next year. Thank you for reminding me why I shouldn't do that. I'm sorry you got an evil tree.

Danielle said...

Hey! Jack is a good guy!!! He cant be responsible for giving you an evil tree! ;) Anyway, sorry about your tree, although at least you have a one =( But then again, I dont which is worse - an evil tree or no tree at all!

Beth said...

Haha thanks ladies, and Christal we are totally sacrificing it!

Heather- I don't mind live trees so much, just this one is the worst I've ever seen. It was not meant to be a Christmas tree.

Danielle- Oh, Jack sent it. Just like all the spooky presents in the movie! And you need to look on marthastewart.com... I found the light tree I thought of. Its not to late to string it up!

Mia Hansen said...

I hope you can find happiness in the snow! I have to admit, the way you told your story made me laugh. I hope Christmas for you is still great! We love your family's picture! It's up on our fridge!