Thursday, March 10, 2011

mom and dads family room

Maybe one day I'll actually write a real post again. But here is a mood board I came up with for my mom and dads family room. It was a formal sitting room but now it will be a place to gather and hang out. It has beautiful carpet that is a burgundy color. I would personally change it out, if I could. But since thats not usually practical, we're going to design around it.



The couch, lamp and bamboo chair are all from Ikea. Everything else was in the mydeco boutique. I'm thinking of trying to recreate the bird art. And picking up similar fabric to the pillows instead of buying them. I think that the chevron fabric would make great curtains, that we'll either try to find fabric ourselves or on Etsy. The walls are currently a dusty pink color and I think they should be a white or possibly even an off white/grey.

Feedback??

4 comments:

Christal said...

I vote gray walls :) I like it!

Anne Katherine said...

that room is a dusty pink colour? huh

I like it

trudy said...

We would like to have better lighting in that room. The walls seem to be a light peach, tan color...I can't wait to get started working on it...anyone want some antiques?

Beth said...

Thanks for the feedback. I knew it was in the warmer colors of the wheel, at night it looks pinkish. And I know I didn't do the best picking out lighting for the mood board, but there was a rattan light at Ikea that might be cool. Also, I've seen a few tutorials on how to make your own which are pretty cool.