Thursday, March 24, 2011

twenty four rambles.

1. I turned 24 on the 21st, My husband took me out for sushi (which I love and he tolerates) and a movie... Paul. He also bought me a beach cruiser in light blue.

2. After seeing Paul, I want to live in an imaginary world and hang out with a pot smoking Seth Rogen alien.

3. I think my dad would be proud that at a point in the movie, they walk into a bar and I immediately whispered... "this is the song from the bar in Star Wars".

4. Also, Dad... when I hear songs on the radio, I can sometimes be caught singing the Weird Al lyrics instead of the real ones.

5. My hair curls in the back but not the front, prompting some of the young women in youth group to tell me that its a hot mess.

6. I never think I'm that short (5'2") until I happen to be in a large crowd and can't see a damn thing because I'm short.

7. I've become obsessed with fashion blogs... mostly because I think, what do these girls do all day? Dress weird, take pictures, edit pictures then blog it.... super fulfilling life.

8. I have hit my car on our garage about three times... so far. We've lived here since August. I'll do an actual picture post with the results of one of the crashes.

9. Speaking of cars and hitting things, I've been in three major car accidents, totaled all three cars. None of which were my fault, I just have amazing timing.

10. I've been sober for three years now. Except for caffeine... I just have a hard time giving things up.

11. I haven't been back to Maryland in about two and 1/2 years, and I'm itching to get back. I know a lot of people who hate it there, but I grew up there, I feel like being from Maryland is apart of me.

12. My sister is in Germany, and I miss the freaking crap outta her. Plus she's dating ( Hi Anne... I'm calling you out!) I just wish it was easier to travel to Europe with a 2 year old.

13. Kemper will be two soon. Which means I've been a mom for almost two years. Which does not seem real at all.

14. After living with TJ, a very manly man, Kemper, a almost two very much a boy toddler, and two stupid boy dogs... I've become extremely girly.

15. Durango is a beautiful town, in a beautiful area, but it won't ever be the same as the beach to me.

16. Yesterday while out, a guy asked us for restaurant recommendations. I like that I'm a local now.

17. We went on a family bike ride and I didn't take any pictures, does that make me a lazy blogger, or lazy mom? I think it just makes me forgetful.

18. We canceled our cable and have accounts with Netflix and Hulu plus. I think we watch more TV now than we did when we had it.

19. I've pushed a lot of people away in my life, and I regret that so much. And I'm terrible at making friends, which makes moving to a new place a hard thing to go thru.

20. I've become more convinced that I should've lived in the 70's. I love the style, the house decor, the music! I loooove the music.

21. I read a ton of blogs, I comment on few. I'm trying to fix this, so I don't feel like such a stalker.

22. I really want an iPad. I don't care how trendy they are, the commercials totally work on me.

23. I'm looking around for a screen printing kit so I can start making stuff. And probably open up an etsy store. In a totally cliche way, but I expect no one to mention that.

24. Some people complain about sharing a bed once you get married, I think its the best part. I think those people have never gone thru a deployment.


6 comments:

Christal HunnySideUp said...

I like when you do personal blogs :) maybe because we haven't been hanging out much, I like your design blogs too, don't get me wrong! But it's nice to hear your head :)
xoxo

Danielle said...

Loved this! I just had to comment on it because of the first couple things... The first thing you wrote totally reminds me of Tony and I! He turned 24 recently on the 12th (which is the dyslexic version of the 21st), he loooves sushi and in your words, I can tolerate it (of course, not lately lol). We saw Paul for my brother's bday last Sunday and my brother leaned over and said the EXACT same thing to me when the bar scene came on, about Star Wars. I said, "Only you..." Apparently, it was you too :) AND Tony got me a cruiser last year for our engagement present and it's light blue too - dont know if you've seen it or pictures of it but it also has a patchwork design which I adore.

Keep up the blogging! :)

Clarkmomma said...

I actually saw a screen printing kit at the store recently. I think it was at Michael's but it may have been Joann's.
We haven't had TV for a really long time now and we still watch plenty of movies and are quite content without commercials and all that.
I dont think that taking no pictures on a bike ride makes you anything more than a mother who enjoyed the trip too much to document itand that's ok.
I haven't hit my car on the garage yet but I come really close as I back out and I'm always afrais that I'm gonna knock my mirror off one of these days.
And lastly, I'm a blogstocker too but it's because I enjoy reading my friends' blogs but I don't always have something to say that doesn't feel dumb to me so I don't say it.

Jamie said...

So true about people who haven't been through a deployment complaining about sharing a bed. I'd take a twin bed with Brian if he could just be home right now.

Good job on the 3 years sober!

trudy said...

Wow! So like you mentioned your Dad 2 times...what about my excellent influence on your 24 years of life!!! lol I did grow up in the 70's and you all just think I'm kinda weird...hmmm
Love all 24 years of you. my oldest daughter
mom

Beth said...

Thanks everyone :] I love the comments, sorry I'm not great at writing back sooner.
And mom it just so happened that Dad was mentioned, its nothing personal.