Tuesday, December 30, 2008

FINALLY a Christmas post!

Wow, I've been neglecting my poor little blog! Better late than never I always say!
December is the busy season for retail so I've been working a lot more hours than usual and TJ has been extra busy at the office as well. He now wakes up at 5 AM so that he can beat traffic and actually make it to work on time. He does get there early, so he has been swimming laps every morning! Its way better for his poor knees than running and he's able to make it through the day with more energy. Some days we don't see each other at all except to say good morning and good night to each other. I know we have more busyness to look forward to as we're counting down to our little ones' arrival, but I'm still looking forward to a calmer January. 

So because of my job in retail, I wasn't able to take off for Christmas, and so we spent the holiday in North Carolina. I really wanted to make it up to Maryland but it just wasn't happening. Luckily I have a wonderful mom and sister who made the drive down to spend a long weekend with us!  It was so much fun to see Anne again! I can't believe how grown up she is! And if you haven't heard she is going to spend the summer and spring semester in Vienna, Austria!  So I'll have the chance to see her one more time before then and we won't be with her again until August.  

Lets see...we made out pretty well with our Christmas presents. A lot of baby stuff which is what I wanted, we know have a crib and a stroller. yay! My mom got me all the Burts Bees baby bee lotion, shampoo, diaper powder & ointment. She also got me Belly Butter and I'm obsessed with it! I know they all thought I was crazy, I use it not only for my growing belly but my hands and feet, it makes them so soft!! And I love the smell of it too. Mom also got me a sewing machine! I can't wait to use it, I need some ideas for projects now. We received an assortment of baby clothes and a little thingy that lets us listen to the heartbeat. And TJ and I both got each other a pair of boots, awhhh.  Overall it was just really nice to be able to spend the day with family and relax and enjoy the spirit of Christmas. I'm sad it ended so soon.

And I have a few pictures to share... that I will upload a little later today :]


NC snow
We didn't get snow, or cold weather for Christmas, so I attempted to have a white one with the help of computer paper.

Rocky Present
This is our dog Rocky Balboa, I don't think I've ever posted his picture. I thought he was too cute curled up with the presents.

Belly Christmas
And here is the ever growing belly :]

the aftermath

And here is the present aftermath!


sleep buddies

And soon after, Anne had to take a nap, I don't think she was adjusted to the time change, or the normal sleep patterns :] Crazy college girl.





3 comments:

Monique said...

No way!!! Vienna is just 2 hours from me and one of my FAVORITE cities so far! We will definitely have to get a hold of her so that we can see her while she is here and even host her here in Budapest. She will have a BLAST!!! :)

Beth said...

I didn't realize you would be so close! She will love that! I can't wait to tell her :]

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!