Tuesday, December 9, 2008

What a Croc!

Photobucket

I hate Croc's.  I know so many people that wear them and I have nothing against the owners, I just can't stand the shoe. Something about the way they look and the colors and holes on top makes me cringe. I see them everywhere, on everyone and I can't stand it. What a stupid thing to hate, I know.  And the funny thing is I love how recyclable they are, and they are made with sustainable materials. But I remember when they first appeared, I worked a mall and I swore to myself that no matter how trendy they became I would never give in and own a pair.

Well, I think I have to rethink that one. I work retail again and standing for 5 to 6 hours a day is killing my back! I have lower back problems from car accidents previous to being pregnant, and this little one is certainly not helping. So...sorry self, I'm giving in. At least now they have cute styles...right?


3 comments:

The Critchlow Family said...

I was the same way as you! I thought they were the ugliest trend! I was never a big fan. But now that I have kids, I don't wear them, but I absolutely LOVE crocs! They are so quick and easy for kids to put on. Josh can put his own shoes on and I must admit, they do look cute on little kids. They make ones with the lining stuff inside for the winter and I think I am gonna break down and get Josh some of those because I'm sick of tying shoes already and its only been a couple months since it was too cold for crocs! Love them and I know Natalie will have some too when she starts to walk!! I hear they are really comfortable...so hopefully it helps with your back pain!

Monique said...

I got some REALLY cute ones that people respond, "Those are crocs?? Really?" And then I feel good about the purchase. I too hate that clunky style of crocs, but I LOOOOOVE the feel of the crocs that I have. They are amazing.

Harmony said...

Augh! The feeling of crocs totally freak me out. It's like they're going to eat my foot at some random moment. Weird, right?

But when you are pregnant, dammit you can do whatever you want (that was my motto for both of my pregnancies!) That goes for your shoes too!

Power to the pregnant woman! (fist in the air)