Thursday, December 4, 2008

Just a quick update...

Well Thanksgiving has come and gone and we're still just as busy so this is just a quick little entry.  
My mom and the Neweys came down to join in festivities with us and it was great having them! I just can't wait until we have a house and room for people to actually stay with us, and not have to sleep on our couch or in a hotel. Thursday had an early start with TJ going to play football with all the priesthood in our ward giving me and mom time to catch up! I'm starting to feel bad for all that teenage rebellion :] I've missed being away from her so much! So we got to have a lazy morning  watching the Macy's parade in our pj's.  
And then the cooking started...
We just went with the traditional spread and it took longer to get ready than we anticipated but it was so delicious! And way easier than I thought it would be too. I am fully prepared to cook next Thanksgiving's dinner. My mom helped with most everything this year, and TJ did too! I'm so lucky to have a husband who doesn't mind cooking!  The rest of the day is a blur, probably from the food coma :]
The next day, so lovingly named Black Friday I had to work, and because of that I didn't feel like shopping very much. We did make it to the movies to see Four Christmases. Which I loved! Not a kids movie, but it was so funny and so cute. After being at work for six hours and then the movie I was ready to go home and crash, which I basically did. I sat down on the couch and I don't think I moved until I got up to go to bed! 
That was pretty much our Thanksgiving, the rest of the weekend we mostly spent hanging out on the couch and catching up with everyone. 
Oh and I can't forget to mention the gifts! My mom bought us a dining table and chairs (from Ikea of course)! I never thought I would enjoy sitting at a table so much, but we love having it! And one of these days when I don't work late, we'll actually get to eat dinner on it. Also the Neweys and my Mom brought down tons of baby clothes and accessories which we could not be happier to have! Thank you to everyone in the Ft. Meade ward who donated!!!
Another thank you to my mother...she went out and bought us little things that we didn't have in our kitchen like wooden mixing spoons and a can opener that works, I can't thank her enough, I jsut hope to be as good a mom as she is. 

Speaking of Moms and babies, I finally have a registry up at Target.com. It has been so overhwelming picking out what to register for, I almost wish there were less things to choose from! 

And I don't have any pictures this post, I forgot to get my camera out the whole weekend...I'm blaming the pregnancy on that one :]


4 comments:

The Galan Family said...

Love the update. Glad you guys had such a fun Thanksgiving. Aren't moms just the best? You have a great mom. I'll have to check out that registry. :)

The Critchlow Family said...

Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving! Its so true about feeling bad for that teenage rebellion because once you become a parent its like a smack in the face! You really begin to appreciate your mom and all she did more than ever before!! I am always asking my mom how she did all she did. I talk to her everyday, sometimes multiple times a day because moms are just great! Once you have that baby you will probably be the same way!! So many questions...and they seem to have all the answers! Moms are the best!!

The Critchlow Family said...

Oh yeah...and I need your address because I'm sending our Christmas Cards out this week!!

The Critchlow Family said...

Hey! I got your address! Thanks!!