Thursday, March 19, 2009

I love St. Patricks Day and stress. Well... I don't love stress.

No... this isn't a few days off :]
My mom always made St. Patricks day fun for us growing up and thats where my love for the holiday grew. I think we even may have like one Irish ancestor so... yay.  She would put green food coloring in our milk and make green eggs or french toast for us before school. And she always makes the best corned beef and cabbage. Mine turned out pretty good...but I think hers was better. (and I have to mention how much I love crock pots, they're amazing!) Also on St. Patricks Day is when I met TJ for the second time. My parents had invited the Newey's over for St. pattys dinner and TJ was in town again for more school so he tagged along. Thats when we hit it off.... and the rest is really mushy so I won't get into that, now :]


St Pattys 09Its rare that we have a picture that doesn't look goofy.


2 weeks to goAnd heres the beach ball I've been smuggling for 9 months... 



Which brings me to the stress part. I need to vent. I've got less than 2 weeks now until my due date but I'm ready NOW. I just wish the baby was. (any tips for going early? :] kidding... sorta).  I want to have the baby early because well, for my own sheer convenience. TJ is deploying in early May for Afghanistan so I'm moving to CO. Which means we had to break our lease, so I just found out that our official move out day is April 4th. Thats exactly a week from my due date. And I need to have the baby here.  But I know life never really works out the way you want it to but it does work out. So I'm just hoping and praying that everything goes smoothly. Maybe the stress and the packing will put me into early labor...

Oh and heres the hubster with my birthday present:
guitar hero love



3 comments:

Harmony said...

You know what? I always thought pregnant women were nuts when they wanted their babies early (HELLO? LABOR?), but I always did too!!

I can't even imagine it with a move!

Just think the longer the cooking, the better the bun (why do we always compare children to food? It's weird!)

You are just about the cutest pregnant woman ever--totally looks like you're shoplifting a beach ball!!!

Good luck these next few weeks!

Monique said...

Oh my goodness! .... you got guitar hero! jk. I was actually shocked about how fast your pregnancy went.
You are already due? holy cow! I hope everything works out. Are you allowed to fly if you didn't have the baby? hang in there!

Des said...

Wow, you are almost done! What an adorable preggie photo. You were smart unlike myself. With my first I took a picture of my belly (Skin showing) and I look back thinking...not smart. Why would I want to show everyone those stretch marks? Yeah, that is kept for mine and Orange's eyes only. It is just so CRAZY the way your body changes and your belly blossoms. I have to say it is crazy, amazing the first time, then it is just annoying, uncomfortable and inconvienent to lose when it's all over. But anyone who is blessed to be able to carry their own child just doesn't have grounds to complain. I know too many who can't...sadly. Stress is a bummer. I am sorry you have that to deal with on top of the regular stress of...oh, just the delivery itself!! Sorry to send the bad news of the normal statistics. First time babies are normally late, hardly ever early:( And they take a long time to get here even when the labor finally starts. 22hrs for me. But each one got quicker and faster. My 4th was only 3 and a half hours. When my third baby was late the doctor stripped my membranes for a third time and not to be to graphic on your blog...advised lots of lovin with your husband;) So ask your doctor to strip your membranes if you haven't had that done already. It's not comfy...I will warn. But if it helps it's worth it. Good luck here in the next couple of weeks. What an exciting time for you guys!!