Friday, March 6, 2009

Update.

So our life has been crazy this past week, but thats life right? 
We had to fly out to Durango on emergency leave to be with TJ's mom Aimee.  She had a rare type of cancer and it had taken a turn for the worse this past month. I don't want to go into to much detail but her tumors grew too much for her to bare and this was her last week here on Earth with us. Luckily we were able to be here with her everyday until the end.  
Its so hard to see cancer affect so many people. I just wanted to post this and ask that everyone keeps the Hermesman/Standleys in your thoughts and prayers. 

On another crazy note, we're flying back next week (I know I shouldn't be on a plane, but oh well. I've been really healthy with no complications and it was the only way we could be with Aimee) and then we're packing up our apartment, having the baby!!! and driving back out to Durango so that I can settle in and then sending TJ off to Afghanistan  Whew... maybe this summer will be calm? :]


No comments: