Tuesday, October 20, 2009

6 months and some

Kemper turned 6 months on October 2nd. He hasn't gained much weight, but the doctor told me that's pretty normal in breast fed babies and with how active he is. And holy cow is he active. He can get anywhere he wants to now, but he isn't crawling, yet. He kind of throws himself across the room, I think he looks a lot like an inch worm. And he can sit up all by himself. He was excited about it the first time, and now he does it like its nothing.
He's teething, and he's extra cranky because of that, but nothing a little cuddle won't fix (which I love). He growls at people, and won't smile at strangers. And if he does smile, its a quick one before his tongue is sticking out. And it takes a lot to make him laugh.

Other than Kemper stuff, not much has been going on. I haven't felt like doing much since TJ went back, I've just been super unmotivated. I did already have Christmas pictures done, so hopefully I'll actually get those sent out this year. I'm sure once it starts snowing here (which its kind of snowing today...) I'll want to stay inside and get things done. The weather has been so gorgeous I'd rather just be outside. But once it starts getting really cold, and snowing, I'm sure I'll get stuff done. And maybe post updated pictures of the inside of our house.

Here are some pictures which are in no particular order:


Some views from the yard. Thats the top of one of the mountains.



Hopefully he likes this better next year, I love leaf piles!


This is my favorite picture of us so far.


He would much rather chew on the packaging than play with his new toys.



He usually spits all of his dinner on me. must.stop.laughing.





3 comments:

Des said...

Beth, he is getting so big. I can't believe he is 6 months already!! That must mean you are half way through this deployment right?? I love it when they can finally sit up. It's nice to set them down on the floor but they are still up. Looks like your mom was there for a visit. Hope that was fun. I hope the time is not dragging too bad for you! Wish I could send you a plane ticket to come for a visit to pass by time. I wonder how far the drive from colorado to Utah would be. Utah kinda sucks though. I have really hated it since we moved here. But it would be so fun to see you and Kemper!! You sound a little down...I know for me when nothing was going on time seemed to stand STILL!! I'm sorry. You are in my thoughts often. I LOVE that picture of you and Kemper!

Monique said...

I love that the Trudster is there living with you!! I also agree that the pic of you and Kemper in the tree is DEFINITELY a framer. What little tongue is just the cutest !

Beth said...

Des! You are so sweet. I forgot to post about my mom being here, she actually moved out here to live with me while TJ is gone, and she's going to stay in the area. Its just been one of those... months I guess. But that does mean we're half way thru the deployment, thank goodness!
What part of Utah are you guys in? I know that we're not too far away. Maybe we'll be able to work something out :]
And Mo- I miss you! You were the best VT ever!