Wednesday, October 28, 2009

kemper's first snow.





I guess since I grew up on the east coast, in Maryland, it's still a shock to me that today is the first snow. It's four days before Halloween, and theres a blanket of white stuff on the ground. I feel silly having fall decor up, this feels like the shortest fall ever, I'm not used to snow before December. I shouldn't be surprised, because we live in the mountains, but I still am. But this snow is pretty awesome. Its not slushy, and it isn't melting right away, and its still snowing out. It's supposed to for the next couple days. If Kemper was older, we'd be out building a snowman and making forts and having a snowball fight, but he didn't really seem up for all that.


This morning when I went in to get him up for the day, he was just sitting quietly playing with his stuffed Tigger. And greeted me with a growl and stuck out his tongue. TJ doesn't need to worry about me turing him girly in his absence, I don't think I could if I tried. Then we had breakfast and got our boots, coats and hats on and headed out the door. I was really excited to see how Kemp would react. He had the most serious face I've ever seen the entire time. He didn't cry, or smile. He was just taking it all in, trying to figure out "what the zeppelin" it all was. I don't think he was so sure of what to think of his snow suit either (and when I first put it on him, all I could think of was "I can't put my arms down!!!" from A Christmas Story). He just stared at the white stuff, touched it a little bit and then looked at me as if to say " This is what you got excited about? This cold white stuff? Thats it???" So we headed inside.

Its starting to melt now, but it's still coming down, so maybe there will be more to come.

5 comments:

Christal said...

Well he has to put with the snow some more so I can see him in his littl snowsuit! It's probably the cutest thing ever, and I want one for myself!

Kayde said...

haha I love the snow suit Beth its so so cute! Im glad Kemper got to see his first snow and im mad about snow this early!

Monique said...

I love the pics and the one with grandma is precious!

Des said...

The weather was an adjustment when we came out west. I love snow, but only the first time and at christmas. Winter 8 months out of the year stinks.

Harmony said...

Look at that little snowsuit (seriously, are making me want a baby--can I just borrow Kemper for a little while!)

I don't think Kate has ever been colder than 50-60 degrees and she's THREE! She might curl up and die when she finally gets her first snowfall. Love the pictures!