Monday, April 25, 2011

welcome to the future

If you know me, then you know that I drool over anything Mac puts in a commercial. Yep, I am a material girl in a material world. So sue me... whatever. Anyways, so I've been wanting an iPhone since '07 and a iPad since well the buzz about them started. I don't care if you hate Apple, these gadgets are freakin' awesome. So it just so happened that I'm due for an upgrade and TJ's phone broke and could be replaced for free with whatever he chose since his was a POS. So we got iPhones! Yayyyyy! So now I'm waiting for it to arrive in the mail and I've decided I want to get a cover from etsy and would love any suggestions for Apps! I am a kid in a candy shop. So heres some covers I've found on etsy:

There are a lot of cassette ones, but this was my favorite. Found here.

This one is my favorite, just pricey, but mothers day is coming up right? found here
I can't imagine how much time went into this one. found here.


So, now for the App suggestions!



4 comments:

Caitlin said...

so cute!! And congratulations, that is huge. I am totally serious. Rob and I have been talking about indulging this fall when our contracts are up, and I think I might have to get that top retro cassette one. That rocks, thanks for the good suggestion! I've heard the polaroid app is cool because you have to shake it to develop it :)

Des said...

Beth I am VERY excited for you to get your phone. I have had mine since V-day and LOVE it! I really like your case choices. Although the one you said was your favorite...looks sweet but also plastic. I have had 2 plastic cases and it takes one drop and they are broken for good. Just sayin....plus $55 dollars!!! Holy crap! Maybe it will be built a little stronger?? As far as apps go. I am a dork. Honestly the things I use the most as in daily are this weather app my husband put on to check up to the min weather condition. Facebook and a map thing husband also put on. I am not a huge game person. But I am addicted to my all time favorite Bejeweled 2 and Angry birds IS pretty fun but frustating. A fun app for Kemper is called doodlebuddy. He can draw with his finger in all different colors. And then there's stamps he can choose and he just touches the screen to place them. If it is a dog stamp it barks when he touches the screen. And when you want to clear the page you just shake the phone. This is Bristols favorite.

Beth said...

Caitlin- We lucked out and our timing was perfect for the phones. And my friend Harmony (blog on a stick) mentioned the polaroid one so I think I'll definitely check it out! Oh and I sent you an email, theres too many places to contact people these days haha.

Des- Thanks for the tip! I really love the design but I think you're right. It looks plastic and thats too muc of an investment. I just want something to protect it from the bottom of my purse haha. The doodle app sounds really cool, Kemper will definitely be spoiled with our new gadgets too :]

trudy said...

You sound like your Dad!!! He just got a Droid phone and keeps telling me about all the neat stuff it does. I love the cover you made for your Iphone and Rabbit Ralph. You are amazing...a girl that used to babysit you a long time ago made you a stuffed bunny from a sweatshirt it looked similar :)